tisdag 6 juli 2010

More gnocchi and salmon

Here is a dish I threw together really quickly, but didn't turn out bad anyway. I was going to eat gnocchi, with filet of chicken marinated in a sweet Allesverloren (redwine), lemon, black pepper, salt, and thyme. But the chicken was off, so I had to throw it all away. Instead I had only the gnocchi, lemon and cream that I was going to use from the original dish. So this is what I did...

For one person:
Boil the pasta (I'd already done that). Take one of those portion-sized slices of salmon from the freezer, and microwave it for a minute (if you have unfrozen or fresh salmon that is of course better, but this is my 5 minute dinner rescue). Then poach salmon in vegetable stock for about 4-5 minutes. If the salmon falls apart if you try to divide it with a spoon; it's done (don't let it go overly dry).

Whilst poaching the salmon: Take a pinch of saffron, a tablespoon of sugar and grate some lemon cest, bash together in with pestle and mortar. Add some cream, and put in a pan to heat slightly (it doesn't have to boil). Remove both sauce and salmon (and pasta if you're making it at the same time), from the heat.

Drain pasta, separate the salmon into smaller pieces (should be easy-peasy), mix everything together - you can even add a splash of vegetable stock to the dish if you like (I used about 3 table spoons). Grate parmesan over it, and sprinkle over salt and pepper. Eat it. Now!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar