onsdag 21 april 2010

Make money... or maybe no?

In order to stay true to my recommendations I'm working to get the first Rakkaus release up on Spotify. However, as it probably well established by now, people don't actually make any kind of reasonable living off of Spotify. Below is a link to a pretty interesting article, stating that in order to make the equivalent of the US minimum wage in a month, your song would have to be played 4,5 million times on Spotify that month, to generate the equivalent revenue. For some releases however, I would earn both the "label" and "artist" revenue; it probably only would take me 3,5 million plays. :)
So basically, if you - like me - live in an industrial country and happen to like the music we're putting out on Rakkaus: Please muster the 4 euros/dollars/pounds to buy the first release. You may off course listen with Spotify (as soon as the people at Spotify choose to publish the tracks me and my distributor has in fact already supplied them with) as well or as a substitute. But at least now you know the score.

Sincerely yours
Jonatan

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar