tisdag 26 oktober 2010

A Vision.

I got a vision today. Or a new perspective came to me, is another way of putting it if you want to sound less like a mystic. But I don't mind the term mystic, so let's just say I had a vision.

Travelling inwards, somewhere in the centre of my soul, I felt an empty core (like a seed within the centre of a fruit, if you will) where God could come in. At the same time as this was not-me, it was also me. It didn't mean that I am God. It meant that something that was truly me, however, originated or emanated from outside of me. Something that completes me, but that is not a stable part that is only me. Let me try to explain this is a parable of scientific terms.

At a sub-atomic level, things don't follow the same rules of physics. For instance electrons can move in-synch with other electrons that are kilometers away (meaning billions and billions other electrons in between). This is by no means impossible - as it has been observed by scientists - but it's something that we haven't been able to grasp with the help of a formula (that can also predict similar future events).

This parable hit me as I was experiencing this me-not-me-conjunction, and posed the question: What if the two electrons are not synchronized - what if they are the same electron?

Such a perspective (some call it vision) would explain why two electrons manage to do something that is (in physical and scientific terms) impossible or at the very least unexplainable. Such a perspective would radically counter a definition of "being", that defines something as unique because it is bound to be in one place at one time, and cannot coexist with itself in various places simultaneously. For purely practical reasons, science cannot accept such a definition as something "being one" can also "be two" or present in more than one place at the same time. However, this is a precondition for being able to word things in a scientific language. Put differently: Science cannot admit such a position on matter, be it true or not, as it breaks with one of the elementary ideas of physics: that things are one, then interconnected.

The idea that there is indeed something omnipresent, is an idea much alive in other contexts of this world. Theology, and all forms of belief - systematic, or practical everyday-life - are good examples of this. It is a basic tenet that breaks with scientific language. The idea is that God (in whatever religious context you're in) works in this way; flowing in and out of matter. To co-exist with natural science, we have chosen to view the whole deal as God flowing however he/she wants, but in and out of singular atomic and sub-atomic units. We have chosen to understand that God can defy the ideas of humans, instead of rethinking the possibility that a formula that seems unfit to explain this, may also be unfit to explain the depth of the physics of the universe.

As we have run up against one logical contradiction (this is just one of many on the sub-atomic level, as it has been recognized that this needs a totally new set of laws of physics) it poses the question: What if it's not only God that can flow freely in and out of singular sub-atomic units? What if these units in themselves can be at several places at a time, and therefor we are - in some profound sense - all part of each other, as the stuff that we're built from is existing at the same time with kilometers inbetween?

This was my vision; that we are not omnipotent, but can still be deeply interconnected with each other, because buildingblocks within me, is not only within me, but also within something else simultaneously. We are not God, but maybe we're created more in his/her image than we've imagined?


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar